This Privacy Statement describes how we treat all personal data collected by Safe and Just Alternatives.
Safe and Just Alternatives may occasionally update this Statement. We will post any changes on this web page, so be sure to check back periodically. If we do make material changes, we will post a notice on our home page that the Privacy Statement has been modified and provide a link to the revised Privacy Statement. Any information that you submit after a change has been posted will be subject to the new provisions.
Personal Data We Collect
We may collect Voluntarily Submitted Data, including personal data, that you voluntarily provide, such as your name and postal address, phone number, e-mail address, and similar information when you:
- Sign a Safe and Just Alternatives sign-in sheet at a campaign event or fill out a Safe and Just Alternatives postcard;
- Send correspondence, place a call, or inform us about a call to your government representative, or send correspondence to a friend (e.g., when you tell-a-friend or send an e-card) or to other targeted representatives through the Safe and Just Alternatives campaign;
- Register online for an event; or
- Participate in any activity that requires your Voluntarily Submitted Data.
How We Use the Data We Collect
We use your Voluntarily Submitted Data for various purposes:
- To fulfill the request for which you specifically provided the data, including sharing the data with its intended recipient (e.g., delivering a petition you sign or a letter you wish to send to the recipient of the petition or letter);
- To analyze actions taken through our website;
- To communicate with you periodically concerning Safe and Just Alternatives matters, such as delivering to you information and updates on our activities and action alerts, if you have not opted out of receiving such information and updates;
- To confirm your registration for a Safe and Just Alternatives event;
- To respond to an inquiry or feedback you have sent to Safe and Just Alternatives;
- And to follow up with you with an email specific to an activity you have participated in or intend to participate in.
Third Party Sharing
Except as described in this Privacy Statement, we will not share your Voluntarily Submitted Data with any third party unless we first notify you and offer you an appropriate choice to consent to such further use, for example, through an opt-out or opt-in request.
We share your Voluntarily Submitted Data with third-party service providers who contact you on our behalf, or facilitate some other aspect of Safe and Just Alternatives activities, including those third-party service providers who collect, process, store and transmit information we collect on the Safe and Just Alternatives website and those third-party service providers we use to assist us in our communications efforts. These service providers have access to your Voluntarily Submitted Data solely for the purpose of providing these services to us on our behalf, and they are contractually prohibited from sharing your Voluntarily Submitted Data with third parties other than subcontractors assisting them in providing these services to us who also are contractually prohibited from sharing our Voluntarily Submitted Data with any other third parties.
Safe and Just Alternatives is coalition of organizations and individuals collectively working on ending the death penalty in Washington. Safe and Just Alternatives does not share Voluntarily Submitted Data you submit through sign-in sheets or the website with campaign partner organizations. However, personal data from sign-in sheets at events that are jointly organized by the Washington Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty (WCADP) will also be added to the WCADP contact list. You may opt out of sharing your personal data with WCDAP by indicating such on the sign-in sheet. This Privacy Statement does not address the treatment of personal information, including Voluntarily Submitted Data, that is submitted to WCADP. Please contact WCADP to learn about the treatment of the information you provide to that organization.
The Voluntarily Submitted Data we collect about you on the Safe and Just Alternatives website is stored on a secure, password-protected server, and only authorized personnel have access to your information. We use industry-standard encryption technologies with respect to the receipt and transfer of Voluntarily Submitted Data you submit to us on the Safe and Just Alternatives website, and only authorized personnel have access to your information. Nevertheless, despite our best efforts, no transmission over the Internet and no data storage method can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Comments and Questions
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Privacy Statement, or our data collection and sharing practices, or to request that we delete your Voluntarily Submitted Data, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send your questions or comments via postal mail to Safe and Just Alternatives, 901 Fifth Avenue, Suite 630, Seattle, WA 98164.